June 1st to July 31st
Children and teens who participate in summer library programs benefit from engaging activities and opportunities which promote literacy development and can help to counter summer slide. Summer library programs for all ages enhance lifelong learning and provide meaningful, enjoyable experiences available to everyone in the community. The State Library is proud to support libraries in this endeavor.
More information about the program:
Join us this Summer for our 2021 Summer Reading Program! This year we have tons of exciting new stuff that you can earn throughout the summer, like brag tags, coupons, gift cards and FREE BOOKS.
- For every 5 books you read you will earn a brag tag, and a FREE book (Capped at 2 books per person).
- For participating in the Summer Reading Program you will automatically get a small weekly prize and coupon.
- To complete the Summer Reading Program and earn an invitation to our End of Summer Party, you must complete 10 books or activities.
- Register online at rollapubliclibrary.beanstack.org.
- Gameboards can be picked up inside the Library or by curbside pickup during open hours. For every book you read you will earn a book bead for your necklace and a ticket to enter into our end of summer raffles.
Subject to change.
*Prizes are available while supplies last
In response to the public health emergency, the library has revised and adapted their 2021 SRP plans to accommodate current safety practices and requirements.
The 2021 Summer Reading Program theme is Animals and Stories, and the slogan for all ages is “Tails and Tales.” The 2021 CSLP program features artwork by Salina Yoon.
Upcoming CSLP programs
2022: Theme is Oceanography. Slogan “Oceans of Possibility.” Artist is Sophie Blackall.
2023: Theme is Friendship and Kindness. Slogan “All Together Now.” Artist is Frank Morrison.
2024: Theme is Adventure. Slogan to be determined in fall 2021. Artist is Juana Martinez-Neal.