The library subscribes to several online databases, so that you can search them for free. Find information on consumer products, help with schoolwork and research, legal forms, auto repair manuals, genealogy tools, newspaper and magazine articles and more.
Whatever your goal, LearningExpress Library's resources will help you succeed. Each of our Learning Centers offers the practice tests, exercises, skill-building courses, eBooks, and information you need to achieve the results you want — at school, at work, or in life. Looking to land a job? You'll find an entire Learning Center dedicated to helping you get the one that's right for you.
Set up your account from a computer at the Rolla Public Library and then access from anywhere.
EBSCO: offers a broad range of full text and bibliographic databases designed for research. Subject areas include: academic, biomedical, government, school, and corporate libraries.
Use your RPL Library Card number to access from anywhere.
- Quick Search — Search popular magazines and newspapers in MasterFile Premier and Newspaper Source.
- Book Collection: Nonfiction — Full-text books for kids and young adults.
- Alphabetical List of Resources — Choose and Search ALL resources from an alphabetical list.
- Resources by Subject — Choose and search ALL resources from a subject list.
- Academic Search Elite — Peer reviewed journals for Academics and college bound students.
- Professional Developement Collection — Education related materials to support teacher PD.
- Searchasaurus — Age appropriate articles for K - 2nd grade homework help.
- Kids Search — Age appropriate research materials for elementary and middle school students.
- Student Research Center — Research materials for middle and high school students.
- Science Reference Center — Teacher and student resources for all science research needs.
- Consumer Health Complete — Covering all areas of health & wellness from mainstream to alternative.
eBooks on EBSCOHost: Search EBSCOhost’s extensive collection of eBooks and download to your computer or eReader. To download books, you must first create an account from a library computer.
With a collection of over 33,000 titles chosen specifically for public libraries, this general reference collection features fiction titles for both adults and juveniles, as well as best-selling and highly-recommended titles from industry leading publishers.
A wide range of subjects and topics are covered to meet various patron research needs, including substantial offerings in Self-Help, Health & Fitness, Games, Crafts & Hobbies, Medical, Cooking and Religion. This collection also features titles on Recreation and Leisure, Geography, Commerce, Finance, The Family, Marriage, Women, Folklore, Social and Public Welfare, and Home Economics.
HeritageQuest® Online: is a comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources — rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids. It delivers an essential collection of genealogical and historical sources—with coverage dating back to the 1700s—that can help people find their ancestors and discover a place’s past.
Use your RPL account number to access from anywhere.
- Search Census — Find ancestors in the complete set of US Federal Census images from 1790-1940, including name indexes for may years.
- Search Books — Find information on people and places described in over 28,000 family and local histories.
- Search PERSI™ Archive — Find information about people and places from this index of over 2.3 million genealogy and local history articles (1800-2009).
- Search Revolutionary War — Search selected records from Revolutionary War Era Pension & Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files.
- Search Freedman's Bank — Search for individuals in Freedman's Bank (1865-1874), which was founded to serve African Americans.
- Search U.S. Serial Set — Search the Memorials, Petitions, and Private Relief Actions of the US Congress in the ProQuest™ U.S. Serial Set.
TumbleBooks: are animated, talking picture books which teach kids the joy of reading in a format they'll love. TumbleBooks are created by taking existing picture books, adding animation, sound, music and narration to produce an electronic picture book which you can read, or have read to you. TBL also includes National Geographic videos and games.
Driving Test: The popular driver education platform Driving-Tests.org is now available for free at the Rolla Public Library. Patrons can access Driving-Tests to start preparing for their DMV knowledge exam by visiting https://rollapubliclibrary.driving-tests.org/missouri/ . The program is designed to help aspiring as well as more experienced drivers (teenagers, newcomers, renewal applicants or senior citizens). Tests can be accessed from any computer or mobile device.
With the motto of "everyone can be a safe driver," Driving-Tests provides patrons with unlimited access to official state driver's manuals, online practice tests for car, motorcycle and commercial driver's license (CDL), an exam simulator, and a DMV-related FAQ. In addition to being the largest and most visited independent online driver education provider in the U.S., Driving-Tests helps patrons pass their driving knowledge test faster and more effectively - learner drivers who take the practice tests and read the official manual are 73% more likely to pass than those who study the manual alone.