All children grades Pre-K-6 who attend Rolla Public School, home school, or attend a private school in the Rolla community may enter. Children who attend home school or who attend a school without grade levels should enter at the comparable grade level.
How to enter
- Complete your bookmark design in the box provided.
- Be sure to completely fill out the information below.
- Take your entry to the Rolla Public Library.
- One entry per person.
- Entries must be received by Friday, April 26, 2019.
How the contest works
- Bookmarks will be displayed in the children’s library May 1-10. Come by to vote for your favorite from each grade category.
- Two winning entries from each grade category will become property of Rolla Public Library and will be displayed on the library’s website and printed for library use during Summer Reading.
Bookmarks will be judged on...
- Use this entry form or a photocopy of the same size. Do not enlarge or reduce. More forms are available at the Rolla Public Library.
- Design needs to incorporate the 2019 Summer Reading Theme: A Universe of Stories!
- Words must be spelled correctly.
- Original entries – no tracing or use of copyrighted images such as cartoon characters.
- Do not use lead (graphite) pencils.
- No computer generated art.
- Avoid fluorescent colors (they print dark).
- If you use crayons/colored pencils, use pressure to make sure colors come out darker (light sketching will not show up).